Buying a pre-owned car can seem like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be at Strong Volkswagen. If you are well prepared, buying used can be more like an adventure since there we have a large quantity of VW cars in excellent condition that will save you money in the short- and long-run. Following are some tips to consider when buying a used vehicle.
- Set a Budget: Know the range in which you are willing to pay for a used car and stick with it. But remember, not all used cars are created equal. Some cars come with a warranty and there is the odometer reading to consider along with gas mileage and maintenance history. And finally the cost of possible needed repairs and insurance should be calculated as part of your budget.
- Make Comparisons: A lot of research can be conducted online to help you determine makes and models that appeal to you. Consumer reviews are a great resource. Consider safety ratings and features, engine size, gas mileage, and storage capacity. What is the best size of car to meet your needs and that of your family? We think that once you have done your research, a pre-owned Volkswagen will be at the top of your list for value, safety, gas mileage, and dependability.
- Research Car Values: Once you have determined what make and model of vehicle you want, check out the value of the car through an online resource such as Kelley Blue Book or the NADA Guide. Take into consideration that the actual price of a used car will vary according to the options it comes with along with the mileage. For your convenience, access to NADA and Kelley are available on Strong Volkswagen’s website.
- Choosing a Dealership: Trust is key to buying a pre-owned vehicle. That is why buying a used car from Strong Volkswagen makes sense. We offer Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagens that come with a 2-year or 24,000 mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty (whichever comes first) and 24-hour roadside assistance. Every certified pre-owned Volkswagen must pass a 112-point inspection which virtually guarantees your new car will be in tip top shape the minute you drive it off the parking lot.
- Test Drive: Of course no one would buy a used car without taking it for a test drive. The folks at Strong Volkswagen encourage you to take a test drive before you decide to make your purchase.